Men’s Superocean II 44 (A17392D7/BD68-200S) Review
Price when reviewed: $2,975.00
- 44 mm brushed black steel case with deployment buckle
- 40 hour power reserve
- Scratch resistant sapphire crystal
- Anti-reflective sapphire dial window
- Date display at 3 o’clock position
- Black dial
- Movement: Self-winding automatic with analog display
- Water resistance: 1,000 m (3,300 ft)
- Special features: Luminescent hands and hour markers, chronograph
- The case has a simple yet careful finishing touch
- Modern and sporty look
- Slimmer case than the previous superocean model
- The case back is imprinted with a circular superocean design
- It has an internal circle of indexes designed for reading a 24-hour time
- Diver’s watch
- Suitable for showering, snorkeling, swimming and professional scuba diving
- The bezel has a luminous dot at 12 o’clock position
- The caliber 17 automatic movement is a Swiss based ETA which has been a Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètre (COSC) chronometer certified.
Possibly the one issue that some people delivered is the design of the watch’s dial since there is an overlapping of the date window and the 9 o’clock markers to the 24 hour marker on the dial inside of the applied luminous hour indicator.
The Opinion of Our Watch Expert at Luxurious Watch Review
In terms of making the Superocean II, the Swiss company, Breitling made a few understated but significant updates that are noticeable in this timepiece. One of which is the font for the numbers on the rotating bezel is less conventional than on its predecessor, the Superocean, and this bezel has now a lume-filled dot at 12 o’clock position. If you are into a futuristic pilot watch-inspired, you might want to check Professional Aerospace Evo.