There is no deficit of options when it comes to the world of watches for the reason that there are various of ways to buy one. One of the options is purchasing it online. For many, the idea of an online watch purchase can be a bit unnerving. I am sure you have heard various kinds of horror stories about the people getting ripped off trying to purchase an Omega watch. What I want you to understand is, scams didn’t originate on the internet world. Buying watches in person has the same rules in buying them online. The World Wide Web is an excellent place to buy watches. Buying online is very convenient with just several clicks of the mouse. Also, buying your watch online is not just convenient but can be a hassle-free experience as well. What you must have is awareness when purchasing online stuff especially the designer watches and other high priced products since they can be a significant risk.
The online watch market is usually attributed to as the gray market. Gray market watches are authentic watches that are sold by unauthorized retailers. They are obtained through various channels other than the manufacturer. These watches normally do not come with the manufacturer’s warranty, although many online dealers extend their warranties. If purchasing through the gray market, ensure that the watch:
- has an intact serial number
- carries all boxes, papers, and blank warranty card
- manufacturers’ protective stickers to make sure that it is brand new
Furthermore, it is important to read the return policy very thoroughly. Once you remove any of the protective stickers with the intention of just examining the watch, it will no longer be returnable most of the time.
Thus, before you do some online shopping for your watch, here are some tips to get the best value out of your money.
1. The first tip to make a right decision with your online shopping is to know the website you are dealing with. Ensure that you know the watch seller. Be aware of their reputation, you can achieve this by doing an extensive research from independent sources, and you can also try to visit their website and read their about us section. Do not forget the rule of thumb: only deal with businesses that had created its reputation and track records.
Read about your online watch seller. This is because there are numerous fake watches available in the market especially if the watch you are buying belongs to that of the higher end scale. Discover how long they are in the industry, the longer they are in the business of selling watches, the more reputable they are.
2. Ensure that the website that you are going to deal with has a return policy. You always have the chance to see the item as it is when you are doing online shopping, but you do not have the opportunity to fit the item. Take a particular note that shipping charges are not refundable and there is usually a five percent restocking fee if you are replacing for another watch instead.
A good merchant must cover the cost of shipping for the replacement of item if the watch is faulty. Therefore, it is very necessary to know about the return policy of the online store that you are dealing with since it will permit you to return the item when it is defective or if it is the wrong item sent, etc.
3. Find the certification seals on the website for security purposes. BBBOnline is one of the samples of these seals. BBBOnline is a subsidiary of the more well known Better Business Bureaus. As of this writing, BBBOnline has over 30,000 website retailers that are registered into their safe shopping program to distinguish reliable businesses on the web.
The sites that contain this sign are known to have a good to excellent reputation in their transactions of activities. Henceforth, they are safe to transact with.The registered merchants in this program have met the minimum qualification of operating one year in the business, a satisfying complaint handling record provides validated information on the company ownership and administration of the telephone number and street address at which they conduct their business.
4. Lastly, make sure that you have all the online store’s contact information as it will serve as your safety net just in case something goes wrong. Also, it will serve you as your reference if there are questions and concerns with your order. Contact them instantly when you have problems with the item you receive.
These tips are important when buying your watch online. Despite the fact that the internet allows you to buy whatever stuff you want without personally shopping to buy them, you need to ensure that you do not get scammed with all the real scammers out there. Be wise with the online purchase of your watch. Follow these tips, and you’ll almost assure your success with the shopping of your watch online.