Men’s Pilot’s Mark XVIII (IW327001) Review
- 40 mm round stainless-steel case
- Black dial with date of the month displayed at 3 o’clock position
- Scratch resistant sapphire crystal
- Anti-reflective coating
- 42-hour power reserve
- Movement: Swiss Automatic with analog display
- Water resistance: 60 m (200 ft)
- Displays are round, huge and undoubtedly arranged
- The Arabic numerals stand proudly in position
- Stunning Santoni calf strap with vintage style of stitching
- Suitable for all occasions
- Scratch resistant sapphire crystal and water resistant up to 60 meters or 200 feet
- Soft-iron case that makes it antimagnetic
- The propeller-shaped hour and minute hands are covered with luminous material for improved legibility
- Has a screw-in glass that resisted unexpected drops in pressure
- The dazzling white hands and indices on the matte black background have a luminescent coating and pledge optimal clarity by day or night.
Others find that having the date wheel matching the dial’s color certainly helped in hiding the placement of the date window which is quite far off the indices. They find that the date wheel is wrongly placed.
The Opinion of Our Watch Expert at Luxurious Watch Review
Clearly, this watch is a mixture of the traditional and the avant-garde. IWC allocated high-tech details to make this model stand out from the crowd through keeping all these components that make the mark family of timepieces iconic. If you are looking for a daily wear watch, this one is perfect for you. If you want a bigger watch, you may consider Ingenieur Double Chronograph.